Volunteering with Maidstone Radio
You can get involved with Maidstone exciting new radio station and join the Maidstone Radio team!
In return for volunteering your time at Maidstone Radio, you’ll learn new skills and have the satisfaction or being part of a community project serving the residents and organisations in and around Maidstone. Oh, and of course you’ll get to be part of our team and make new friends!
- Give you and Maidstone a voice
- Give people involved in our project the required training and qualifications.
- Provide a real work experience and help people not in employment get work ready.
- Let people know what’s happening where they live.
- Get people talking about what’s going on in Maidstone.
- Broadcast radio that’s both fun to listen to and make.
- Build a sense of community that’s inclusive and diverse.
Why volunteer at Maidstone Radio?
No only is rewarding fun, rewarding and your learn new skills, your also part of a team of friendly team and make new friends. Here are what some of our volunteers say about volunteering at Maidstone Radio.
Submit Your Details
We are currently looking at volunteers for the following roles:
- Radio Presenter / Specialist Music Presenter
- Production – On air, spots, trails.
- Audio Engineering.
- Journalism – news reader, writer.
- Podcasting – audio editing.
Off air roles include helping with:
- Admin – office management, community action and sales support.
- Marketing – Website, social media, events and promotions.
- Music scheduling – including ‘screening’ on air music and building playlist rota’s.
- Script Writing, Show Preparation & Research.
- Fund Raising.
- Hardware and Software maintenance.
- Project Management.