Our Kent Support and Assistance Service (KSAS) may be able to help you if you have experienced an unforeseen, short-term crisis or if you are facing exceptional pressures because of an emergency.
We offer our help for a short time only if you have no other means of support, and if all other avenues of support have been exhausted.
We can potentially help a maximum of 3 times in a rolling 12 month period, and only if the eligibility criteria are met. We will not help for the same reason more than once.
Our service is a discretionary service that offers support where it can. However, there are circumstances where we won’t provide assistance. Examples of these circumstances include:
- the replacement of broken items
- continued or long term support where we have already provided assistance
- financial difficulties faced as a result of paying regular bills or debts
- if you have a sanction on your DWP benefit
- where our baseline criteria are not met (see ‘who is eligible’ below).